You want your boat to look its best, but you don’t want to spend every free moment of your time making that happen. What do you do? Simple: you acquire the tips necessary to better detail your boat—including the best strategies and products for getting it to look its best. That’s why we’ve put together this guide with top boat detailing tips, procedures, and products!
Boat Detailing Tips
Mere details? Hardly. These tips for getting your boat to look its best will help you keep your boat looking brand new:
- Don’t be afraid to work by hand. Yes, an electric buffer will make quick work of a boat—but that doesn’t mean it’s designed to handle the little details as well
as you can by hand. When it comes to corners and delicate areas, apply wax and buff in yourself for a consistent finishing touch. For more help, check out our
boat buffing tips!
- Don’t just rinse—dry. Working with a clean boat is a great idea. Working with a clean, rinsed boat? Even better. But don’t get so impatient that you ignore the drying phase. Working with a clean and dry boat can make your life a lot easier, especially for waxing, detailing, and even applying repairs such as boat sealant.
- Yes, wax really is important. If you think of boat wax like Life Wax as “merely” a way to get your boat looking spiffy and shiny, think again. True: it will accomplish that, helping even old boats to look brand new. But wax is also important for keeping the hull clear of grime, debris, and even some UV rays. It helps prevent a range of problems over the lifespan of your boat.
- Use a gentle boat cleaner. Keeping a versatile boat cleaner handy is a great idea—but make sure it’s gentle enough to work with most parts of your boat. We recommend our Boat Cleaner. Not only is it ideal for general boat use, but it features a non-phosphate, biodegradable formula that makes it perfect for routine cleanings.
More Boat Detailing Products
Want some more products that will improve the quality of your boat detailing? Here are some you may not have considered before that can go a long way toward making your boat look as good as it can possibly look:
- VinyLIFE Cleaner and Protectant. This two-in-one formula both cleans vinyl and protects it from damaging UV rays.
- Stainless Steel Cleaner. One of the most common mistakes with boat owners is that they ignore their stainless steel. Don’t forget these details! Stainless Steel Cleaner will help you make quick work of your boat’s stainless steel.
- Aluminum Boat Cleaner. If you’ve never dealt with this much aluminum before, it can be tricky. Remove the guesswork with a dedicated aluminum cleaner.
Want even more great boat detailing products? Want to make sure that you have everything you need to maintain your boat’s “like-new” appearance? Then continue browsing all of the boat cleaning and repair products available here at BoatLIFE!